Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Introduction

I have recently embarked on an experimental theatre project with 11 other actors, under the guidance of Arthur, who conceived of this project. It does not have a name, it has no clear end goal in terms of what shape the performance will take.  It was inspired, as I understand it, by the work of Polish director Jerzy Gratowski.  It is an exploration and collaboration.  As of today, I have participated in two auditions, one casual meeting, and 5 rehearsals.  In that time the process has caused me many and varied thoughts and emotions.  I am inspired to start a record of the process, and of my reactions and thoughts about the things we do, think, and discuss in rehearsals.  I hope that the other performers will add their own thoughts and reactions as well.  I'm going to put in some placeholder posts for the rehearsals we've already gone through, and hopefully fill them in more in the future.  And from now on, I will be putting down my thoughts after each rehearsal while they are still fresh.

No comments:

Post a Comment